Friday, November 30, 2007

PA Open Records Challenge

I decided to start backwards when I answered the three different questions put before us. I figured that the third question would be easiest, since I knew from high school that everything goes onto the internet. It was very easy to find and I have included the link to our school board website where you can see all of the minutes from the school board meeting. The link to where they can be found is: https://www.boarddocs.com/pa/mctsd/Board.nsf/Public?OpenFrameSet . I think that had the topic been more controversial it may have been more difficult to find the information.

For the second question, it was very easy to find out who my representatives were and then it was easy to find out whether or not they had signed. Both Senator Jane Earll and Representative John Hornaman have signed and supported the Pass Open Records legislation.

For the final question all I had to do was find out the rank of Pennsylvania and I just googled the rank and found that Pennsylvania’s rank is 48 out of 50. The only two states that are worse are Alabama and South Dakota and Pennsylvania tied with Alaska.

No comments: