Thursday, November 29, 2007

Open Recods

It was not very hard to get the minutes from the last two school board meetings or the total amount of legal fees spent by my home school district.
We have learned in journalism class that we need to establish relationships in order to get information easily and effectively. I have done that with the Superintendent and his secretary, the Business Manager and the payroll clerk in the administration office at my hometown school district. Establishing a relationship was not hard, considering the fact that my mom is the payroll clerk.
I have helped the Business Manager, Jennie Ivory, on numerous projects for her Master's Degree. So I naturally went to see her at the office, and asked her for the information needed. She did not have a problem with giving me the information. However, I needed to fill out a request form and there were copy fees that I needed to pay, but it only totaled $4.50.

No comments: